If I had to do this week over, well it wouldn’t happen! But its Saturday night & I’m hoping that starting tomorrow the SUPER week will begin. Ok I would settle for calm, cool and mediocre.
Still amidst all the chaos & frustration, looking back there are some moments I wouldn’t trade for the world. Funny how sometimes the things you need most just appear. In addition to the retail therapy, I stumbled into catching up with a few great people and getting in some much needed face to face time with some of the people I trust most.
For starters Thursday’s shopping discovered that Shadow was also shopping in the same area. After a few text we realized this & decided to snag dinner together. I know how toxic we can be, but there is certainly a kindred spirit between us. Turns out neither of us was having the best luck, but at least we had dinner & a few purchases by the end of the night. I ended up with a couple of shirts that were too cheap to pass up when they easily go from work to play, then it was lingerie time. When I need support most, I turn to bras, two new ones & a couple of new panties for good measure since they also were on sale dirt cheap. Left out that knowledge in chatting with Shadow! Yeah no pictures of that either.
- nearly bought this, but then decided I was just attracted to it since it had a bird on it… I don’t need another coffee mug, or do I?
Friday I set myself up with more interviews in the day than I ever had before & actually ended up feeling less stressed and more confident than I expected. Distractions work. Part way through the day I found myself thinking about a pair of shoes I had debated on the night before. I’m a pretty basic girl & learned that if you get simple basic pieces you can combine them for more looks & just spice them up with accessories. These shoes were anything but basic! I decided the night before that even though the price was right, I didn’t own a thing that they would go with & passed. Sitting at my desk I realized the very outfit I was wearing was perfect for the shoes. Texted a picture I had taken of them to a friend & asked a simple “Do I love these?” to which it was immediately decided that I certainly did! So at lunch I bought them!
- I blame these for the strut in the 2nd half of my day
Later that day I decided than rather than just rushing home to sweats & a bottle of comfort, I would go see my gbff. He proudly announced to the room when I arrived that “this is Ali, my blonde bff!” as he does anytime there are new faces when we get together. He had ventured in town for the night and frankly I needed the chance to hear the familiar laughter! There is ALWAYS laughter when we get together, as rare as it is. Thankfully we were all in chill mode so there was no talk of going out to the cha cha palace or polishing off a few bottles of bubbly… well there was talk, but it was more remembering the good times! FYI popping open bottles of pink champagne to drink in the parking deck before going to the cha cha palace, DOES slightly sound like a gun shot BUT we didn’t drive drunk & we did save cash on drinks! We are just good like that.
On to today. Plans t0 get up & do something dissolved when I discovered I was actually able to sleep for more than a couple of hours. When I woke at 8 and had some oatmeal I had the urge to snuggle with Baxter & go back to sleep, so I did. TIL NOON! Had debated on rushing in to Charlotte to attend the funeral for a great aunt, but it was too late when I woke. Hadn’t seen her in years anyway. She hid away the last few years of her life. Didn’t want anyone around even though the years before she seemed to be all up in anyone & everyone else’s business. She meant well & I doubt she had much else to do.
Luckily I learned another friend was out & about and we ended up shopping & chatting all over town. Thankfully I didn’t spend a ton, bought couple of pieces of fabric that needs to become a bag soon & another supply I thought would be fun. Stuffed myself silly on chicken teriyaki while discussing guys and other trouble makers in our world. Much needed although totally unexpected.
Hoping things are on the mend. Grateful for the friends I have made over the years who choose to still stay in touch and some how turn out there when I need to see them most.
General goalsfor the coming year & next few months…
100 Days challenge – 100 days straight of intentional moving 30 minutes each day – FAIL
- 10 on 10 – give $10 to a non-profit each month on the 10th – looking forward to this month’s giving, although I have no idea what I am doing. Still time.
- Read more! – haven’t really read in the past few days, but soon
- Budget each month prior to the month & stick with it – still doesn’t feel natural, but its working. Savings still where I want it & even paying down the debt. Food cost a lot.
As for the more traditional resolutions:
- Try one new thing each week – does new medication count? I think so.
- Cook something each week – maybe tomorrow
- Take one photo I love each week – after the drama this week regarding a photo, I am frustrated with photography. Also noticing through the food pictures just how awful the phone cam is!
- Continue my love affair with Post Crossing, I’ve received over 50 at this point & really need to figure out what I am going to do with them. Just in a box for now, but there has to be a better idea.
- Floss daily – admit that I did skip a couple of days but back on the horse
- Meditate more – at least weekly – does just thinking in silence count. no really meditation.
- Daily food picture – 366 dishes – still fun. still doing. ’nuff said.
- Spend an hour with someone else outside of work each week – sometime friends are the best medicine