What a day.
Life is good when you can start your day with this view…
There was NO ONE on the beach! I loved it. Felt like my own private island get away. Originally I paid for an hour. Once I planted my butt in the sand, I didn’t want to leave. Tried to get more time on the parking meter – not that anyone was waiting on an open space – but I couldn’t get the process to work without knowing my plate number on my car. So I took it as a sign that my alabaster skin probably didn’t need to get any more sun for the day. While I will take a tan, a burn is not anything I need. Although there is NOTHING like the way your skin feels after a lay in the sand.
Especially since I had pole practice tonight. Last one in a while. Need to figure out my schedule & finances before I can commit to anymore. I am REALLY going to miss it. My arms, legs, abs & entire body feel so much stronger. Lifting myself up is so emplowering. Amazing what your body can do once you try! Plus I completely had to giggle at the modern version of the Beltane May Pole! May not be braiding ropes or ribbons, but I certainly circled it around enough times & twisted my body up to where it felt knotted! I will skip the other jokes about celebrating fertility!
So now I’m exhausted & bruised, but thankfully not burned. Ending the day with a big fat smile on my face & hope in my heart.
No word on classes or a job yet, but soon. Enjoying the moments as I wait. One of the best realizations I have ever had is that some emotions, although valid, are useless. Stressing out & worrying without action is just wasted energy. So for now I wait & trust that it will work out as it should. No reason not to enjoy the ride & keep my eyes open for the lessons to learn.
As for the latest challenge:
- Work out at least 4 times a week 30 minutes – so far I have knocked out 2 hour long classes that worked me out! Tonight more so than last night, but I can feel my body getting stronger. I am already hating that I won’t be going back to pole class next week.
- Keep waking up by 9:00 am for at least 5 days per week – no alarm needed but I have been getting up before 9 am each day! Yesterday I only beat it by about 10 minutes, but still counts.
- STUDY! No sense waiting for classes to begin learning. Time is now. Learn vocabulary, concepts, forms etc. – biggest thing I haved learned is that there is so much to learn & I want to know it all! Reading in a couple of books & working on some vocab (yes, I’m a geek!)
- Improve typing speed – now that I am back on a laptop YES MY NEW ONE ARRIVED!!! I am better able to get to practicing.
- Live on $100 a week – hard, but being home has helped. Also working the catering job helps. Great food to nosh on still this is going to take some work. The temptations are there, the emails with the “savings” make me really want to go get shorts, a bathing suit, etc. to go from cold to hot weather. Still I remind myself that if I spend $50 more than I planned but save $100, its still spending an extra $50 over budget! They are only savings if it is a purchase that is needed. So holding on the bathing suit & shorts… for now at least.
So thankful for all the great things I am able to experience right now. Being able to workout in a way that pushes my body beyond where it has been lately, walking on the beach at sunset and spending mornings laying in the sand, time with the parrots, snuggling with Baxter, new laptops (thank you financing plans) and all the potential that awaits in the future. So many blessings in my world right now. Simply ripe for the next phase to begin, but until then I am enjoying being right where I am. Making memories worth remembering.
Enjoying MY life.