Been a weekend of ups & downs.
Closer to a great friend & excited about her beautiful future. Feeling so lucky to know I have friends who are so supportive when I feel horrible. Also very grateful that after putting my faith into another person who didn’t deserve it, I am ok knowing that at least I love myself enough to not to put up with certain things! Still disappointing when the guy turns out not to be what you thought he might. 85 has definitely been 86’d and will not get a third time at bat.
Change in seasons & change in focus. Regroup & recharge. …& maybe restock the fridge later today! Starting to think no one actually lives here anymore.
Revise the goals time:
- 10 on 10 – give $10 to a non-profit each month on the 10th – although it seems like its hard sometimes to do this on time, but it happens.
- Read more! – I need more time in my life to read. But lunches work great. Thinking of treating myself to a new book today but feeling guilty about a few I haven’t finished. Still I know I can finish one by the end of this month. Got a few new suggestions & frankly the distraction from life is so welcome right now. I can’t imagine a world without books!
- Try one new thing each week – last week had me trying pole dancing. I think I am sticking to the adventurous side. Always room to try new things.
- Work on the photo scavenger hunt more – hoping to get into a new spot to take a few pictures soon. I keep forgetting what to look for in this! Need to at least get 2 more done by the end of this month. Should be inspiring not work.
- Continue my love affair with Post Crossing, had to get more postcards & stamps, but its still so much fun.
- Daily food picture – 366 dishes – funny how I get on certain kicks. Like spicy chicken wraps & grapefruits.
- Spend an hour with someone else outside of work each week – this week was seriously fun and feels great to be around someone who can laugh at similar things, like barney purple yoga pants paired with a sunshine yellow lace top. Where were that poor thing’s friends?
- Comment on at least 2 blogs per week – so much great stuff is blogged about & I read several religiously, other blogs I stumble upon and get inspired. Yet I don’t comment as often as I should. I know that there are a few eyes on here and yet the comments are all spam, which is ok I just delete them. But I want to bring a smile if I can letting others know that someone is reading. So comments are coming.
- Check out at least 2 new potential houses per week – I will never find my new place if I stop looking. I need breaks sometimes when it all just seems like its never going to work, but I can not stop. Goals are never achieved by completely letting go. Sometimes you have to loosen the grip, but you still have to know where you are trying to go.
Optimistic? Sure why shouldn’t I be. Life is what you make it. Sometimes that means you have to keep out the bad guys. Its not always easy and sometimes it hurts, but otherwise you will pay. I prefer to rip the band-aid off quickly instead of enduring the slow pain.
Thinking of a few other more drastic challenges to focus on. Maybe a fitness one? Something with cooking? dreaming of the options.