24 days straight, then BLEW IT.
I did not work out yesterday. At all. Not going through the motions. Not slow and steady. NOTHING.
Still dealing with the crud that has ravaged my body the past little while with this sinus infection. Feeling exhausted & not getting much real sleep. Work is intense & yesterday I went basically straight from work to meet up with a few people to discuss an upcoming event. About 3 hours later I found myself at home and too pooped to deal with anything other than just shower, take care of the crew and crash. I remember the thought crossing my mind several times during the day or I need to figure out when to work out. But in the end, nope.
So no kindle?
& damn skippy I am not actually saying fudge.
Still the end result is to develop a habit. So pick up the lazy ass & get back in gear. Preferably also kicking my heels up high enough to impact with my rear end forcefully. Yes ass kick is deserved.
BUT I also know the value of giving your body a break when it needs it. Frankly if I wasn’t getting over being sick, I wouldn’t have any excuse. Should have worked out, but I didn’t. I also probably should have rested a lot more before I got as sick as I got. But I didn’t.
I’m making myself a deal. Since I am still struggling to breath like a normal human being & sleeping isn’t anything I am a champ at, its time to bend a rule. Life isn’t fair, so why not give perks for good intentions?
So worked out tonight. Full 30 minutes. Maybe not full throttle, but I did it.
Tomorrow I will work out again. The next day, the following day & every day after that. The habit (& Kindle Fire) will be mine as long as I keep focused. One slip shouldn’t stop me from climbing the mountain. As long as I keep up the 30 minutes per day for the remaining days AND I make up yesterday’s work out – I’m going to count myself as still on track. The caveat is that since I missed a day, I have to work out for an extra hour to make it up. So one day is going to be that day’s 30 minutes PLUS the make up hour.
Otherwise its off. No Kindle Fire for me.
Does this make me weak? maybe. But giving up and not being gentle with myself is going to be a lot worse.
Still after this no more free passes! As a friend says “time to work that ass!” Bring on the habit. Then who knows where I may challenge myself to go?
General goalsfor the coming year & next few months…
- 100 Days challenge – 100 days straight of intentional moving 30 minutes each day – hanging head VERY low.
- 10 on 10 – give $10 to a non-profit each month on the 10th – gave to the Cape Fear Literacy Council
- Read more! – Five books down. As much as I want to reach my goal of 24 in record time, some books you just don’t want to end. Loving the lunch time escapes!
- Budget each month prior to the month & stick with it – good news, I have found a great way to track what I am spending & have a better grasps of everything. Bad news – tracking it doesn’t make me want to spend less. Just more guilt. Feels over budget today, but just because I paid for a full tank of gas, to have my oil changed during lunch & groceries. Ouch!
As for the more traditional resolutions:
- Try one new thing each week – Attended a new group for crafters tonight along with a friend I hadn’t seen in way too long. So many ideas brewing.
- Cook something each week – Potluck at work tomorrow. How silly is it that it takes that to get me to do anything productive in my kitchen?
- Take one photo I love each week –Exciting! I love being able to snap pictures of life. More to come… I promise.
- Continue my love affair with Post Crossing, today TWO! One great Pixar card with a snowman & a jack hammer & another with a beautiful staircase from Poland. So much fun.
- Floss daily – for all these years people have had teeth & a string is the best we can do for this? where is the innovation? still better than a twig I guess.
- Meditate more – at least weekly – ok ok soon. really. I know.
- Daily food picture – 366 dishes – my eating habits are crap lately.
- Spend an hour with someone else outside of work each week – Thankfully this isn’t an issue this week. Connecting with so many friends! Yesterday, today, tomorrow! Even have more plans in place for Saturday and a Tweet up tomorrow.