Shopping trip was a partial success!
Nope no sports bar but I did finally find my planner for the year. Not even close to what I thought I would get, but I think I love it! Even got a book – audio book, but its a book.
General goals for the coming year & next few months…
- Purge 100 things from my world within the first 2 days of 2012 DONE & DONE. Maybe this is something I should do on the first couple days of every month.
- 100 Days challenge – 100 days straight of intentional moving 30 minutes each day – two days down, 98 to go! Dusted off the Wii Fit for kicks tonight. That thing has quite the attitude! But it was fun to virtual run thru that weebles village. No clue why but eh, why not.
- 10 on 10 – give $10 to a non-profit each month on the 10th
- Read more! – Off to a good start & enjoying that I found another book by Paulo Coelho deeply discounted last night. Can’t wait to start listening to it. For now, just flipping pages in a few previously started reads. …& blogs. Lots and lots of blogs.
- Budget each month prior to the month & stick with it – so far so good. Actually shocked to realize that pay day is only a couple of days away! I can do this.
As for the more traditional resolutions:
- Try one new thing each week
- Cook something each week – Made Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken yesterday & hoping to make it again soon. Very delish! Might do a post on it.
- Take one photo I love each week
- Continue my love affair with Post Crossing, another 8 postcards sent out today & moved the ones I have received to a box. Maybe next week the organization & mapping.
- Floss daily – so far so good.
- Meditate more – at least weekly
- Daily food picture – 366 dishes has some new images & I think this is going really help me look at what I am eating in a whole different light.
- Spend an hour with someone else outside of work each week
Want to come up with a cool way to track these instead of posting every little detail, but that will come.
Oh & I totally forgot to post a picture of my New Years hat!
Perfect hat huh? Glitter & PANTHERS colors!!! Still a bit sad the season is over, but looking forward to next season being a much longer & more exciting one! Plus I just love this cheap hat! My parents got it for me last year & it made it through all of 2011 to shine again for 2012. Still sparkling just as bright. Maybe it will bring in 2013 & who knows make an appearance at a home game!
Tomorrow its back to work. The last of the 4 day work weeks for a while. Completely could get used to this, but with all the added pressure & chaos it really hasn’t felt like I have been working less. I’m so grateful for this weekend & not trying to rush to Charlotte or cram a bunch of plans with friends into the mix. Would have had a blast and I’m sure made some treasured memories, but I didn’t even realize how much I needed to just be in my own space for a while. Nothing like no plans for a few days & no where to be. Still time to kick this life back to reality. Starting with a nice whole night’s sleep followed by that alarm bright and early. Got the coffee cup ready to go guessing I will be needing it tomorrow morning.
Hoping the coffee will help fuel me to remember to push the trash out to the curb. All that decluttering has that thing packed. Hoping to make a drop off at goodwill tomorrow too. Just one step closer to where I want to be.
Guess the holidays are finally over. Here’s to another round survived!