Resolutions, schmesolutions… you can change for good anytime, not just on New Years! Still they are quite fun!
Yesterday I shared a few general goals for the coming year & next few months…
- Purge 100 things from my world within the first 2 days of 2012 (54 things out of my life so far! Going to hustle today on those other 46.)
- 100 Days challenge – 100 days straight of intentional moving 30 minutes each day (S0 far so good! That Kindle Fire is staring me down on Day 101!)
- 10 on 10 – give $10 to a non-profit each month on the 10th
- Read more! (couple pages deeper into a book I started last year)
- Budget each month prior to the month & stick with it (Staying home yesterday & spending no cash helped with this!)
Today I share a few of what some may call resolutions. For me that term seems to have this stigma of defeat. So many are broken before the first calender page comes off. For me its less about what I am giving up or changing & more about how I can live better.
- Try one new thing each week
- Cook something each week
- Take one photo I love each week
- Continue my love affair with Post Crossing, but start mapping where all they came from – got the box to organize better, now need the map
- Floss daily (was inspired by Gluten Hate’s Me’s post & have to say I love the Sticky Idea for the reminder daily!)
- Meditate more – at least weekly
- Daily food picture (follow along? 366 dishes – could be breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack,.. you just never know with me!)
- Spend an hour with someone else outside of work each week
Today has been a late start thanks to another night dealing with the night terrors. Realize that I have been slack with the meds, which isn’t a bad thing since some shouldn’t be taken with the alcohol – like no Ambien this weekend! Still I as far as sometimes I think I come, there is always set backs to move past. Strange how sometimes you wish you could stay in a dream forever yet some you can’t get away from fast enough. Hoping those end soon as I get back on track.
Off to finally get a day planner for 2012 and hoping to find a decent sports bra on sale. The couple I actually own are just pointless & with a certain semi-annual sale happening, maybe I will finally find one that does more for me than just turning the girls into a smushed up uniboob.
Best of luck to everyone who is setting resolutions and goals.
Lets all be realistic here & make the first thing on our lists to be ACCEPT OURSELVES. We can enhance & improve & change the daily schedules, but ultimately we will be who we are, which isn’t always a bad thing – even if its not who are expected or influenced to be.
Hoping that we all make changes for the better this year & that 2013 finds us improved and more of who we truly are supposed to be.